Since my last post, I have successfully completed Step 1, releasing the Pollen 'Stem' controller/EPC and Baicells Nova 227 eNodeB from the Pollen network.
After submitting the release request it took about a week for the process to be completed. I didn't receive any updates from Pollen about the release request other than it had been successfully submitted.
I checked the Pollen network Explorer map to confirm the device status was offline, then connected directly to the Nova 227 using the default management IP, HTTP://192.168.150.1, login admin/admin.
With both devices available for ReUse, I decided to try reconfiguring them to use Althea.net KeyLTE platform.
So far, I have completed the following;
- Install the latest KeyLTE image on the 'Stem' compute platform using Clonezilla as the image does not have an install option.
- Updated Baicells Nova 227 to the latest firmware, 18.104.22.168
In 0rder to make the network operational, the following steps need to be completed.
- Request creation of new 'Operator' network on Althea. ✅
- Register the KeyLTE gateway to this network. ✅
- Select an Althea Exit node. ✅
- Charge Althea wallet to pay for bandwidth using the exit node. 🛠 (In progress)
- Configure Baicells Nova 227 to connect to Baicells Cloudcore for management. ✅
- Configure and connect the Baicells Nova 227 so it can connect to Althea's cloud-based MME. 🛠
- Acquire Althea SIMs to test user equipment. 🛠
So, I'm making good progress. There are some issues with the Nova 227 MME connection, which I'm troubleshooting with support from Si and Justin at Althea.
I'm confident this approach will deliver a working solution and will provide another update once there's further progress. Stay tuned!
Let me know if there are other mobile cores you think I should test this hardware with.